Tectum Roofing and Maintenance is growing and expanding. We are looking for aspiring individuals looking to join our team amongst our various roles.
The key responsibility of this role will be to acquire / establish and lead a site workforce,
including subcontractors and apprentices, capable of delivering high quality work on new build and
major projects, reactive maintenance including refurbishment works to Pitched Roofs Tiling and
Slating in a safe manner adhering to Tectum Roofing’s company rules.
Monitoring of multiple smaller projects and adhering to the required programme and obeying health and Safety. Recording the all necessary documentation in line with Quantity Surveyors requirements and keeping lines of communication open.
- Commercial roofing experience
- SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) (Required)
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) (Required)
- UK Driving (Required)
To undertake estimates of various types of roofing systems and ability to work from first principles to complete tenders in a timely manner. Range of tenders will be £5K - £1million
- Technical data: Accurately analyse & evaluate the detailed specifications; understand scope of work, investigate details, solve problems
- Gathering quotes from suppliers
- Prepare cost estimates: evaluate products' cost-effectiveness or profitability & recommend more cost effective or profitable alternatives as necessary
- Keep detailed records of all estimation documentation, including supplier quotes, site assessments & contract terms
- Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, ensuring each reaches the client by the deadline
- Monitor the stages of a project to make sure that costs & deadlines are adhered to.
- Keep existing quotations up to date - make amendments & update clients
- Work closely with other professionals including contractors, planners and architects; maintaining & building relationships, keeping a sales-minded attitude
- Liaise with departments to agree / adjust pricing prior to quotation / tender submission, maintain up to date information and ensure accurate handover of projects to production
- Assist with elements of supplementary documentation & presentations
- Attend site visit as required to gather information
Experience and skills required
- Hardworking and ambitious work ethos.
- Ability to undertake a reasonable amount of technical and financial calculations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Working towards MRICS
- Minimum of 3 years of estimating/Quantity Surveying experience
- “Can do” attitude
Experienced roofing gangs required
Skills and Experience Required
- CSCS card and on-site experience
- High standard of health and safety always
- Attention to detail and good quality workmanship
- All tools needed to complete the project, kept in good working condition
- Refurbishment of roof - 5 years
- Commercial roofing – 5 years
- Roof Repairs: 5 years